AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The best birthday present. Ever.









I can't tell you how excited I was last month, when my beautiful handyman rocked up to the sugar shack with an antique clawfoot bath perched on the tray of his cruiser. This little shack of mine has a very basic bathroom, typical of this style of 60's holiday home.  While I do love my humble bathroom, I have been bathing my small person in a pink laundry tub and I only have only showered all year. A first world problem I admit, but I have missed indulging in a deep hot bath. My lovely man saw this and wanted to spoil me for my birthday. He searched high and low for the bath he thought was perfect for me, with the plan to set the bath up in my laundry so that I could spoil myself whenever I wanted.

So yesterday we did just that. we basically plumbed the bath from the laundry sink and attached a hose to the plug to let the bath drain out the door and into the garden. Very simple and temporary, perfect seeing as I am renting this beautiful little shack. Perfect also, because one day I will move into my forever home and my beautiful bath can come with us.

This is absolutely the most beautiful and thoughtful present I have ever received. It came without prompts or suggestion. I didn't even know how much I wanted one until I saw it. It shows its age beautifully, with amazing patina on the outside but with minimal damage to the inside.

Absolutely this is the best present ever and I know I am a lucky lady!!





12 comments:

  1. Very cool. I was lucky enough to receive a vintage pressie on my birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazingly beautiful present. I love it and your laundry looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous !!! you are one lucky lass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, can I say you have a lovely lovely laundry! And that bath is beautiful, I grew up with one just like it, you will so enjoy a good deep soak. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so calming and lovely...thoughtful pressies with no suggestions or prompting are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredibly beautiful space! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an Amazing and beautiful birthday Surprise. It looks like the little space you made in the laundry is a perfect spot to indulge and pamper yourself. It looks simply devine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lucky you, on both the man and bath fronts! My parents had a bath like this, I could swim in it when I was little! Looking forwar to a forever home too....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful Bec. lucky girl. Beautiful snaps too and I love the welcome picture on your blog so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby did the exact same for me on our first anniversary 11 years ago... Set up a temporary bath in the laundry.... Best, most thoughtful present ever :-)

    ReplyDelete