AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Saturday, April 14, 2012

rise and shine...




Last year I found myself getting really run down. I was sewing till past midnight, waking three times a night with a restless baby, forgetting to eat breakfast and surviving on coffee and cake... Not really the recipe for healthy living. My clever mum suggested that I started having a healthy smoothie for breakfast every morning. It has been perfect for me because I don't have to think about what to eat and I never skip it!

My smoothie has -
1/2 cup whey protein isolate
1 tablespoon of vital greens
2 tablespoons of yoghurt (with live cultures)
1 tablespoon of Udo's oil Omega 3/6 blend
1 tablespoon of psyllium husk, or lately 1 tablespoon of Coles fibre mix...
1 cup of water and a few pieces of ice...
1 frozen banana

The end result is a delicious, green-looking banana smoothie. Not quite as sweet as one made with ice cream but still totally yummy. And even though its made with water, the oil and yoghurt make it a nice creamy consistency...

And Zavian loves it too....

4 comments:

  1. oooo yummy! thanks for the tip. i had a big brekkie of bacon, egg, tom, avo and toast...hardly as healthy as yours but set me up for the day nonetheless. have a good weekend lovely lady. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are big on smoothies here, I find it a great way to sneak healthy stuff into the kids without them even knowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This fantastic remedy will def give you the kickstart you need! And look out mum, little Zavian will have lots of energy too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to hear you're taking better care of yourself, although I do hope you get to sneak a couple of sweets here and there :)

    ReplyDelete