AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

getting on with things...





I don't love hanging up washing, but when it's vintage floral and new fabric scores it doesn't seem to be such a pain. Fresh air, sunshine and a bit of solitude is just what the doctor ordered, methinks...

Today I am pottering around in the studio, grading the new pattern for my latest orders, and playing around with a few collars... Easy does it. 

While I was away I collected my new DSLR. It is love. Are you thinking about getting one? Right now I am wondering how I ever lived without mine. 

I hope you are having a most wonderful week so far.

Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes about my news...

Bec x

4 comments:

  1. What camera did you get Bec? I've been saving and now I can buy one I've no idea where to start! Liss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi miss Liss, I bought my camera online from hong kong via ebay. It is called the kiss X4, it is the japanese version of the latest canon eos 550D. It is an entry level camera, but has fantastic features. When I bought it the display was in japanese, but by some miracle, I was able to figure out how to switch it to English after about 10 minutes of playing. I also bought a 50mm lens, that was much better quality than the lens that came with it, but the other lens is still good. All up i spent less than $1000.00. I have never used a DSLR before, so I might not be the best person to ask, but I am so happy with it. All of the research I did pointed to this camera as a perfect starter, and by buying the japanese version I saved a tonne of money... Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Getting on with things can feel good. And fresh washing on the line can make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you - when vintage fabric looks so good, how could you not resist.

    Nina xxxx

    ReplyDelete