AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Thursday, April 12, 2012








dresses: handmade by me, shoes: lotta from stockholm, tights: country road

Hello lovely friends. Happy Thursday! I hope you have had a productive and inspiring week. It can be so SO hard to get back into the swing of things after an extra long weekend. Never fear! The weekend is almost here again. 

I have been sewing. I made up the folky print version of the new style dress while I was grading the pattern, and I am happy to tell you that I think I have the fit spot on. I am always nervous when I am rolling out a new style. I have made a little bit of progress on my first orders, but I am working slowly as the details in this style demand my full attention, and you know my mind has been elsewhere of late...

Yesterday I finished of the sweet little kitty dress for a favourite customer of mine. I don't always love a children's novelty print, but this one in particular has stolen my heart. It is the perfect blush pink and the kitty has vibrant blue eyes and soft little details. It is kitsch perfection.

As you can see by the pictures I am getting pretty excited about migrating South to the cooler weather. I broke out the cardigans and stockings for the photos, but I had to rip them off as soon as we were finished because it is still so hot up here.

Thanks so much to Levi for taking a handful of pictures for me.  As much as we are going through a difficult time it's so nice to know that I can call on him to give me a hand when I need it. No nastiness here...

Bec x  

9 comments:

  1. I love all of your dresses!! Finally someone who makes dresses that I adore! Can you make them for shorties like me? I'm a smidgen under 5 feet (not sure of the conversion on that) and have to alter nearly every dress I buy. Spring is here and summer is around the corner, I think a new dress is in order :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to make you a dress, and I am happy to customise the length. Have you seen my etsy shop? bec x

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have been there and will revisit very soon! I just love everything :)

      Delete
  2. Love them both, AND the tights/shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look so much! And may I say that character print is adorbs :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, the kitty print is *just* kitsch enough to be fully awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just have such style, Miss Bec! I always look a tad silly when I put together outfits like that, whereas you look so fantastic! Love the cutsy kitten dress~!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kitty fabric is gorgeous and so cute in dress form!! Love it coupled with the tights too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited about the first dress. Is this the new pattern? Will you have this style in your etsy shop? If so, I will be lining up. Love the pink socks and clogs.

    ReplyDelete