AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Sunday, April 15, 2012

if you go down to the woods today...











Photographs by Maddie from etta photography: Styling by Whimsy Petite Styling
A short while ago a gorgeous customer (and now friend) of mine sent through a few pictures from her 'teddy bears picnic' themed family portrait session. I was completely smitten with the sweet vintage styling of the shoot and the fact that she chose to wear one of my creations was just the icing on the cake! 

Tash Kimlin is creative hand behind Whimsy Petite Styling. Miss Tash is available to style shoots with professional photographers if anyone is interested in adding a special touch to their investment {whish is really what a professional shoot is isnt it!}

This is what she told me about the shoot -


we wanted a family shoot that captured our personalities, the things we like and the importance of family in our lives.  I love vintage, op shopping and treasure the many lovely pieces we have had handed down to us from both sides of the family.  From the day I got my first NS dress I knew I would be wearing it in our fmaily shoot...so it all came together beautifully!!  What transpired was a vintage picnic {or teddy bears picnic} in the woods one beautiful late summers afternoon...Sharlize enjoying some of my favourite childhood books, Syrahna playing with The family heir loom teddies and Grandmas knitted doll ....and Byron and I simply enjoying one anothers company and watching the children {even the tea cups and cameras are family heir looms too}.

 Thanks so much for sharing miss Tash. I am so honoured that you chose a naughty shorts dress for such an occasion. Mwah! 

Bec x

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are beautiful, such a creative idea!

    Laura
    whitewinters.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the styling and that the vintage props have a connection to the family, how lovely!

    ReplyDelete