AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Sunday, January 8, 2012

run around town...

I have just returned from my first evening stroll around the new neighbourhood. My new town is so tiny, you can lap it in less than 20 minutes - that is if you don't have to stop and run around the park with your small person for half an hour... BUT! Let me tell you! This place is amazing!! a brief sunset walk on the footpath that runs around the edge of the town has confirmed that I do indeed need to invest in some REAL equipment of the photographing variety. 

I don't think I have the words to describe how it feels to live in the middle of such an incredibly vast and quintessentially Australian landscape. Red dirt, white cockatoos, blue skies, the silver bark of the gumtrees and the golden glow of the sun. The coast is a good 200km's away from here. Yesterday a tumble-weed rolled down my street! Occasionally stray cattle wander through the town! I am living on the frontier people! This place is hot and unforgiving, but incredibly beautiful.  I am feeling happy, welcome and best of all, I am feeling inspired. 

My home is my little air-conditioned oasis, away from the heat!


I have lots of the new style of dress cut and half finished!

My eyes!

My small!

My new land - Pretty amazing views - Photos from my new local tip! 

On the business front - I have been busy sewing, but I will tell you more about that later. I have arranged a bit of a naughty shorts make-over and I am so excited to cut the ribbon and unveil the new look. Soon! 


I hope you are well and happy, wherever you may be!!


Bec x

9 comments:

  1. That all sounds fantastic Bec, and I'm glad you're settling in to your new home! Love all your pictures too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you terribly! But life sounds good there my little love. You've started your adventure down the yellow brick road! Email me when you get the chance. I've opened a new etsy shop.....xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are fantastic! What a beautiful setting. And a tumbleweed. That is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you are settling in to to your new home and town.
    The new style of dress is very pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,you are really in the wop wops!!!
    Still,less distraction from your work?!
    The new style frock is lovely,really lovely!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are settling in well to your new home. Don't know that I could live so far from the coast but you do make it sound very romantic :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased to hear how well you are settling in! How great that you are inspired by your new home :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bec, great to see you are settled. We have just got back from a caravan trip around Oz, we loved the Pilbara! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete