Last night I tried to write a blog saying farewell to 2011 and looking back over the year that was. I can honestly say that last year was one of the best of my life and it was full of happiness and achievements. However I was too hungover to get my head around the wording. So I scrapped that idea. Instead I thought I would share with you the plans I have for the future.
While I was on the road, without internet and with plenty of time to think, I started compiling a list of the things I want to achieve in my life. This is like a bucket list, a goal list and a to do list - all rolled into one. So that I did not stifle the flow of thoughts, I tried not to think too much about categorising or splitting up my thoughts. Many of these things I may not achieve until I am much older, and I might knock a few of these things of the list tomorrow. I plan to record my progress here! I will surely borrow a few of the fabulous ideas that I have seen floating around on other amazing ladies lists, and I hope you will feel most welcome to adopt any of my list items into your own - if they take your fancy!! This list will be constantly evolving!
Without further ado - here is my list!
- live overseas with my family for a year - maybe in Amsterdam or Berlin...
- improve my dressmaking skills - learn more - from a skilled proffesional maybe....
- take my baby on safari
- go glamping in the Kimberly
- learn how to use my computer properly for the purpose of graphic design and photoshop...
- live in a studio apartment (all by myself!)
- write my own crafty book
- make zavian a tee-pee
- get some chickens
- and a vege patch...
- renovate a home to sell
- A proper op-shopping adventure with a like minded comrade
- expand my business
- build my dream house in Bali without having to gain any council approval for any of my creative/crazy ideas
- live in bali for a year working with a village to create fair trade opportunities and learn local crafts
- explore a trade show
- spend a little more time with pen and paper and a little less time tapping away on my keyboard
- put beautiful hooks on my walls
- make zavian a cape for dress ups
- and an art smock
- and an apron for playing with her new kitchen...
- and perhaps a doctors coat...
- make my own rustic bed frame from recycled timber...
- Stencil a hardwood floor
- Create a bed head for our new room and a bed skirt to hide the ugly ensemble base...
- Make some awesome playdoh
- live in an apartment with a roof-top courtyard (preferably with views of the Paris skyline)
- Go shopping in New York sans baby and husband
- Eat Churros in Spain
- dedicate more time to making for myself and my family...
- have a regular date night with my love...
And that is about it right now....
If you have a list please leave a link in the comments - I would love to come and visit you!!
Hope your new year is off to a sensational start!!
Love bec x