AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm on a roll...






I have been staying up late making things for my small person. I am making the most of this time I have before re-opening the shop and taking on new custom orders. 


Last year I bought Zavian an amazing little eskimo coat made from a recycled wooly blanket from wendy over at the textured leaf. I loved it so much! and after the success I had making Zavian that swing coat, I have always wanted to try my hand at making my own recycled blanket coat. I found the most amazing vibrant pink checked wooly blanket, and I have had it stashed away for nearly a year especially for this purpose. Finally, as a part of my project - destash I wrangled that blanket out from the bottom of the cupboard and got stuck into it. 


I am so happy with how it turned out. Now I think we had better book a holiday somewhere cold - because there is no-way she will get a chance to wear it up here! FYI - I used the same swing coat pattern from Heidi and Finn to make the coat body, but substituted the collar for a hood. I have made up a few of the heidi and finn patterns, and they have always worked out a treat. The instructions are easy to follow and the designs are gorgeous!


I also whipped up a satin cape as part of project - dress up's box. This has actually not been well received. I don't think my small likes having things tied around her neck. Fair enough. At least its there in case she changes her mind. 


On the shop front - next week Zavian will have her first two full days back  at daycare. I am planning on primping and preening the shop and its contents to re-open on Thursday morning! Yay!! Exciting! Back to business! I can't wait.


Hope you are enjoying a marvellous weekend. Talk to you soon.


Bec x

15 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!! :) Well done! It's often hard to stop and make things for our own children! :)
    PS. I think I saw your name on the FQ swap from Green Tea and Red Nails... I'm joining in for the first time and super excited! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That cape is ah-mazing! I wish it was in a big person's size could I would be all over that!
    Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, these are the sweetest kids clothes, checks and florals work so well.
    Amanda I would have to agree, these need to come in adult sizes too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't waste having a daughter - sew for her as much as you can!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the clothes, great design and fabric choices! You'll have to come to Tassie for your holidays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your dress-ups box things - you have a very lucky little small person! I am sure she will come around to the neck-tie thing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bec, thanks so much for the mention! and your coat looks absolutely gorgeous and I adore the fabric youve used for the back. You have inspired me back.
    Just about to embark on a detash over here too although I always tend to keep more than I need.
    It seems I have theis inate fear of running out of things mid sew.
    Like cream cotton the other night right before the market, Arggh.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My oh my, Bec! this is just georgeous!
    I really like this :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one clever lady - love the coat ,what a lucky little lady you have xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous creations, they are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That gorgous hot pink wooly coat is so beautiful. Must not show miss Liongirl or she would probably go into a complete sulk that it is not hers. And the cape is gorgeous too. Wait until you see the superhero outfits I have been throwing together with safety pins and lycra! melx

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're both beatiful, but that COAT!!!!
    It's just too pretty for words!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is not my first time to pay a quick visit this website, i am browsing this website dailly and get pleasant data from here all the time.


    my page :: registry cleaner review
    Also see my website - registry cleaner software

    ReplyDelete