AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thanks mum...

...with so many orders on the go I had to call on my mum for some help.

She packed her bags and hit the road for the 3 hour journey South, so that she could be here for the weekend to make sure that I had some food to eat, clean clothes to wear and also make sure that I didn't neglect my baby, while I sit at my sewing machine and sew and sew and sew.







I even put her to work, stamping names on swing tags and ironing endless strings of bias binding...

I love my mum.

When I am making dresses, the first thing I do is make the swing tags... I like to know who's dress belongs to whom as I am sewing. I like to imagine that I know where each dress is going, and it makes me happy, rather than sad, to be cutting up my precious fabrics.

I sent off a large number of custom dresses last week, and I am holding my breathe with excitement, waiting to hear back from hopefully very happy customers!

I also bought a new electric toothbrush today, I had forgotten how much I love brushing my teethe...

Well I am off to bed, early start in the morning.

I hope you are well and happy, wherever you are in the world!

Mwah!!


3 comments:

  1. Wow Bec you are so busy! It is so exciting for you!! Yay!
    The dresses are looking divine, I love them all lined up there together, Oooh I think I see mine :)....What a wonderful Mum you have to come and help out...
    Hi to Becs' Mum and thanks for helping her make us our pretty dresses :)
    I'm working on your 'paper doll' and little dresses today ...fun fun!
    Happy sewing
    x
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting for you... and me as I wait for one of your dresses!
    This year I have taken up the challenge of only buying hand made clothing, and clothes from op shops.
    I was so thrilled to come across you in Frankie.
    Happy sewing
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SEE MIIIINNNNEEE!!! AHHHHH!!!! im going to the post box TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete