AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New batch...











Friday last week I sent off a massive pile of orders and thanks to my mums efforts keeping Zavian happy over the weekend I managed to ship off about ten tea dresses on Monday morning. A few orders are finally starting to reach their new owners and I am eagerly and nervously awaiting feedback. So far so good, I have a few very happy ladies promising their returned custom, which is lovely, and there have been no bad reports thus far. Hooray!!

Yesterday and today was spent cutting and sewing the next batch of orders, so that I can systematically finish them off during the rest of the week... I love seeing my dresses come together - the only  hard part is knowing that deep down I wish I could keep them all - and knowing that I might never see that same fabric again in my lifetime.

It is such a joy seeing the dresses hanging from every door way in my house - It is a little chaotic and a little bit chinese laundry - but seeing them around me all the time fills me with pride and happiness. Can you see your dress in there? Or maybe yours has already shipped?? Or maybe you still have a few weeks to wait...  It won't be too long, I promise.

I have a few weddings that I am making bridesmaids dresses for and I have been looking into ideas for flower girls dresses. My lovely friend Ash  whipped up this precious dress from scratch with no pattern and I think that it is one of the most lovely little dresses I have ever layed eyes on... It will match the handmade wedding theme perfectly... Thankyou naughty little Quinn for being our model today :)

My yummy mummy-in-law surprised me yesterday with a package in the mail. Inside was a book 'The Secret Lives of Dresses', with a little note saying "...i just couldn't resist".  I love you Kat - you are wonderful, thank you for always thinking of me.

I started reading it last night and it was such a nice way to wind down after a busy day sewing. I have definitely already been drawn into the plot. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that the last books I enjoyed may or may not have been about a certain bunch of vampires... 

OK, well time for me to go to bed...

I hope you are safe and well and happy, wherever you are in the world. 

Christchurch and all NZ peeps - stay strong - we are all thinking of you.

Bec x 

6 comments:

  1. dont worry, we've all given in to twilight, You are not alone! Dresses look AMAZING. cant wait to see mine in person, they are just too special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the Jane that tiger dress is coming to :) It looks so fantastic, thank you! I can't wait to wear it for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIss Kelly - your dress should arrive in the next couple of days... And miss Jane - your dress is FINISHED!! and ready to ship tomorrow! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress on your little one! Your work has inspired me to start sewing my own daughter's clothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these dresses! They are so creative and cute!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete