AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Monday, February 7, 2011

My HUGE weekend in lovely Fremantle...

  Oh my, what a weekend! I am truly knackered as I finally take 5 to recap a very successful  and inspiring trip to the seaside town of Fremantle.

Zavian and I made the trip to spend the weekend with Levi while he is staying in town to complete some training for his new job. Along the way I found some of the best op-shopping EVER! and I met a few ladies who are living the dream with there very own successful vintage/handmade dress shops!! Woop whoop - it was great to see and I would love to share, so here goes it...








First up there was Broken Doll Vintage, located in the Atwell arcade - this sassy seamstress has her sewing machine in store at the ready to tailor any of her own designs or vintage garments especially to fit you while you wait! Its a great shop crammed full of precious knick knacks and eye candy galore.

Zavian winning her first prize at the clowns...

nosy goat at the petting zoo...

bottoms...






Amongst the Saturday town square markets was a lovely young miss with her spunky stall, The Ginger Fox . She imports all of her vintage from secret suppliers in Japan and the USA. Her prices are great, I picked up the bestest little shirt dress, with awesome print and retro buttons. This business savvy miss does have her own website and the best part is she only charges $2 a piece for postage AND she lets you change your mind that 70's dress doesn't turn out to be what you thought.

And finally.... Granny squares!! I know I bang on about it a bit but you know I have wanted one of these for ages. When I saw it I knew that it was THE ONE!




I bought this from a gorgeous shop in the Freo Markets called Anjel Ms - The lovely lady who runs the show, Gaelle Beech, has a fair trade arrangement with a family in Bali who hand crochets these blankets. They are probably the nicest I have ever seen. You can have them custom made if you contact her on anjelms@anjelms.com

I also found an abundance of new fabrics - some are so beautiful I may not be able to part with them! I have some serious fabric stack photos to take - coming soon, promise!

Gotta go to bed xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment