AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Saturday, April 6, 2013

you can write on my wall if you want to...













Since moving into this little house ( can you believe it was nearly 6 months ago!! time flies when your having fun, right?) I have slowly been making small changes to make it my own. A few weeks ago I finally painted a wall in my house with black chalkboard paint... At first I really was not sure if I liked it. I was thinking, What have I done!!!? My beautiful light filled room all of a sudden had this massive black wall. After the second coat my worries started to ease, and once I put the room back together I was confident that it would look as awesome as I had imagined...

The next step will be to take down the sliding door on the right that leads to my bedroom. The door no longer slides and I think it will look much better with only one sliding door covering the blackboard.

Zavian loves it!! I have been using it as a bold backdrop for my dresses and anyone who visits likes to have a quick scribble.

I still have a list as long as my arm of things I would like to do. Over the last couple of weeks I have been hanging shelves, hanging pictures, culling junk and collecting more junk and cleaning out nooks. I am planing on hanging some wallpaper in the dining area in the very near future... There is so much fun to be had :)

I might even do a little more this weekend...

Bec xx


12 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, keeps the kids busy, or leave that special someone a note. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And doesn't it make the perfect backdrop for your lovely dresses.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chalk board wall! I have a big long list too - but I've decided to be ok about that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!
    And it is perfect as a backdrop for your dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a bright idea and makes for a fabulous backdrop.I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was such a brave thing to do but it has paid off brilliantly - I love the idea that you can do backdrops for your clothes! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, had the same anxiety when I painted the wall in my kitchen in black chalkboard (my kitchen cabinets are already black), but I made the plunge and haven't looked back. It's such a useful and "social" wall for all my friends who come visit! I know others have said as much, but that wall makes a great backdrop for your dresses. (Thought it beared repeating.) ~M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're moving to a new house next month and I'm so excited to all kinds of nice little things there. It has built in closets, so when storage isn't my main concern anymore, I'll be able to think about decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blog! I came across it on pinterest, and have had a lot of fun checking it out. Thanks for sharing! (I also had to feature you on my blog's Feature Friday's! http://civicstitchings.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your house looks amazing - love it to bits! :)

    ReplyDelete