AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

sweet charity - my latest op-shop finds!!







Today I met up with a lovely new friend in Busselton for a yummy late lunch.  While I was in town I hit up my favourite local op-shops. The thing about op-shopping is that you never know what will turn up. You have to look regularly despite occasionally coming home empty handed. It can be disheartening, going weeks, sometimes even months, without having a good score. You have to keep your eyes open and your mind positive. Today I was lucky!! Today I struck gold! A lovely stack of vintage linen at bargain prices. All now soaking in the washing machine ready to hang out tomorrow. Hooray!

I was EXTRA lucky today as I was gifted a bag FULL of granny hangers from my stellar lunch buddy. Thanks so much miss Sarah, you really know the way to a girls heart :)

All in all it was quite a wonderful day. Lots of sewing, yummy food, good company, a bit of shopping... It actually doesn't get much better, methinks.

Happy Wednesday!!

Bec x

15 comments:

  1. I have been visiting my local op shops regulary for the last 6mths hoping to hit the jackpot with no such luck!
    lovely bargains you got today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good feeling when you have a day like that - and those hangers - they even coordinate perfectly with your fabric! Lovely x Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that fabric haul is to die for! Lucky you! Sometimes the barren visits can either make you feel like a big find is just around the corner or make you despair that all the good items have already been found. I think it depends on my frame of mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done on your op shop finds! you did good today! Mezz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such splendid loveliness you have score and who doesn't lovely some sweet granny hangers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful finds! I wonder who made those hangers. I especially love the pink and orange floral on top. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you had a wonderful day! I love the hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy you had a wonderful day! I love the hangers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my heart would be doing cartwheels if I came across all these linens! I found I old retro bed sheet a few weeks back - and I adore it! I need to thrift more!
    LOVE the hangers also.......and friends and family that dispose of their old stuff at the front door too :) hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The linins are beautiful!

    The op shop gods were in your favour! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely finds and a lovely blog. Just found it! I had a similar amazing vintage fabric find too.which I blogged recently! Taz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely lovely finds. I had a similar amazing vintage fabric find at a fete recently which I too thought was worthy of a blog post! Wonderful blog too..i am a new follower. Taz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow those fabrics are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fabric with the girls is so lovely. Love it!

    ReplyDelete