AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Monday, April 22, 2013

weekend wallpapering









I am massively in love with my newly wallpapered kitchen. This is something I have wanted to try for a long time but I have been a bit afraid to get started. I imagined that it would be very complicated. I worried that vintage wallpaper might not work with the wallpaper paste available these days. I worried that I would stuff it up and waste a beautiful roll of paper. In the end there was nothing to worry about!! I found some fantastic advise online via you tube tutorials and in particular this article here.

It has completely revitalized my love for my kitchen space and now I just want to wallpaper EVERYTHING!! I will be finishing this wall as soon as the next roll arrives in the post :) Next will be a single wall in each of our bedrooms and one in the bathroom.....

If you want to get your hands on some gorgeous paper, I found mine here or you could try out hannah's treasures or retro villa.

It did take a little bit of preparation and the small person did watch about three movies while I was preoccupied with my project. A spare pare of hands is helpful but not essential.

Best weekend ever!! Hooray!

Bec x

14 comments:

  1. Wow...looks awesome.my mum had the best 70s wall paper in her lounge room and sadly painted over it in the boring 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a great job! I love your kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - looks lovely! I love your collection of pans :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am in love with your kitchen. Can't wait to see the rest of your wallpapering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that wallpaper......I'm on the search of some beautiful wallpaper for the dining room and bedroom, I will check out your links :)
    Thanks Becky.....they kitchen looks perfect! I bet it's the favourite room in your house right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy you! I'm glad you finally took the courage to start wallpapering your kitchen. I wanted to do it but i just don't know how to get started and just like you, i'm scared too. I love the wallpaper and i can't wait to see the whole thing.

    - NorAmFence.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so great! I've always painted, never tried wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it looks so good, is there nothing you can't do! xxBrenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so adorable! Great job!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful Bec, love that wallpaper. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am inlove with your newly wallpapered kitchen too! I'm glad you took the first step. I've been wanting to try it too but i'm also a bit scared. I have a question though, how long did it take you to do the wallpapering in the kitchen? What was the first thing you did?

    - FrenzInteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! The wallpaper is just gorgeous! Look at that pretty kitchen! I love all your vintage items ... and your fabulous hanging pots/pans. They look like something in a fabulous little doll house! I think I might be afraid to cook and make a mess. How pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete