AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dining area overhaul!!









What a crazy day! I sat down to my machine, ready for a day full of sewing and making, when all of a sudden the power went out. I had forgotten all about the letter I received a few weeks ago telling me that the power would be off for scheduled maintenance in my area. Drats! I had no idea what to do with myself. The small person was at daycare and I was alone in the house all day with no power. I might have headed in to town for an op-shopping mission, except I did that yesterday... I started potting around the place, picking things up, re-arranging, as I do, the next thing you know a full scale dining area overhaul was in progress!! And I am pretty happy with it. For now anyway ;) I styled the table with a few odd jars and beakers with succulence cuttings. FYI - The seagrass mat is actually a door mat from bunnings! You can pick them up for $2 a pop and I think that it makes a dandy table centerpiece.

My shiny new kitchenaid blender arrived so I found a new home for it on my kitchen bench. This means the smoothies are back on!! I am so glad I made the decision to spend a few extra bucks and get the pink blender of my dreams as I will be forever proud to have this on display... As soon as the power came back on I made myself a smoothie.

Now its time for a shower, and maybe a coffee, I have some late night sewing to catch up on...

Bec x


11 comments:

  1. Love love love it!
    Where did your classroom map come from? LOVE!
    That door mat is the perfect table centerpiece! And your mismatched chairs make my heart flutter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all just too beautiful. You are one very clever, creative lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! I love the plants. =]

    Emily
    eageremily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing! I really need to take inspiration from you and get on with my mess, can you send me a bit :-D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - I'm decorating my Dining room next and I love how you've made use of the doormat - genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely l♥ve your blog! you are such an inspiration ~ thank you so much for sharing ~

    ♥t

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so cozy! I love it. Thank you for sharing. The dinning room table is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you! It looks great - particularly love the use of the door mat. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow the sugar shack is lookin super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your site and it is great! Love the makeover. Great way to spend your time with no power.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice indeed! Good way to spend the day when you have no power. I usually just read. Your table looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete