AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Saturday, May 26, 2012

time out!



Hey gorgeous friends!! I have a confession to make. I am a teensy bit burnt out and a tad scattered. I have decided to close the etsy shop for a few weeks to catch up on orders and regain some creative strength.

Last week I had to re-make a number of dresses due to silly mistakes. I actually murdered a dress last night by rolling straight over the top of it with my rotary cutter. I have been late getting back to emails, and I have missed many emails altogether!! I am cross-eyed from staring at the computer and I have decided that the best thing for me to do is turn the stupid thing off before I throw it in a dumpster!!

When it comes to naughty shorts - I just want to make my ladies happy! A good customer experience means everything to me. So if I am failing in that department because I have spread myself a little too thin, then I think it is best to step back and regain control and focus.

So I will spend the next few weeks working on existing orders, trying out a couple of new techniques and watching season four of gossip girl. Wherever possible I will take walks on the coast and granny naps are  compulsory! Lazy breakfasts and family dinners will also be encouraged.

I may still pop in here to blog from time to time, but the out-of-office reply will be turned on to respond to new email enquiries. I will still be responding to emails concerning existing orders. Feel free to look me up on instagram!! I hope you understand! I promise its for the best.

Mwah!!

14 comments:

  1. Bec, you have had a tumultuous time of late so no wonder you need some R&R. Enjoy and look forward to hearing more after your break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there done that, good you recognise when to stop and smell the roses.enjoy your time out. Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you knowing that you need a break! Everything is "on" all the time now and it's so hard to turn away even when you know you should. I hope you have a fabulously restful time and come back to us recharged!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family and your own personal health are the most important things in life - then making other people happy with your beautiful creations. Your customers will always be here waiting whenever you have recharged your batteries ready to take on your next challenge. Enjoy your catch up time as much as possible xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's to taking breaks - hope yours is a good one Bec! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your break, well deserved I'm sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go for it and enjoy the sunshine for a bit!!!
    You have had THE mo0st topsy tervy time lately :/

    I plan to do the same with my little biz....
    it took me 3 days to make one size 6 dress this week, and I am yet to do the buttons. When your brain is fatigued you are usless to anyone.

    Take care of yourself and your precious small person!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sooooo don't have to explain. Rest, be still and breathe it'll be easier to get to it when you've replenished your emery levels. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all understand.
    Take yor time!

    xx and enjoy your free moments xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its understood. There is always a time to take a breather before you implode. Believe me I know.
    Good Luck and have a wonderful week,

    Allison

    adayinthelife(allycat79225.blogspot.com)
    Ally's Lost and Found Store.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey lovely,
    it's great that you're recognising when you need a break. sorry I haven't been in touch lately when you've been through so much... I was kind of distracted by Things... you know how life goes!... and then I wanted to send you a real letter on paper, but I don't have an address anymore - but I will still be here when you turn your computer back on! as always, it's totally gorgeous here. lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We tend to load ourselves up so much sometimes Bec it's a WONDER we manage to get anything done at all....I find I'm at my most creative when I have free space & my 'to do' list is clear....Take a break, have some fun & ENJOY the here & now....None of what we do means anything if we're 'all over the shop'....!!!!!

    Take care Lovey,
    Tamarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes my dear, a bit of a rest is in order.
    Take care.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. As one who has just come back from a hiatus...take all the time you need and enjoy :)
    x

    ReplyDelete