AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

holy moly how awesome are these...

Whenever I go to op shops I always check out the vintage sewing patterns and craft books,
I picked up this little wonder for 20 cents yesterday...

I have no idea how to do this but luckily the book is choc full of easy (sort of) instructions for me to follow...







I love collecting vintage craft books and I  was just thinking the other day that soon these books will no longer be vintage - they will be antique! and what is going to take their place? I think that the craft magazine series today really lack style and the aesthetic qualities that will make them stand the test of time...

I nominate frankie magazine to create a 12 part or 18 part collectible craft series that is beautifully photographed with contemporary and inspiring projects...

Meanwhile, on the home front, Zavian is swearing her head off and tomorrow is her first day in daycare...

Gotta run xo

1 comment:

  1. Oh they definitely should! I treasure my stack of Golden Hands sewing/stitching books and was lucky to find the whole hardcover set but they are most certainly on the way out but so coveted.
    I found your lovely blog via Frankie - great exposure! Your dresses are divine, I'm so glad you are getting lots of orders, you deserve it! I would love to order one in the next few months, any chance you would make it with a fabric I provided? I have vintage fabrics too, and all the ones that I love of yours have sold out :(
    Anyway, I'm now following and have added you to my blogs blog list :)

    ReplyDelete