AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Friday, September 27, 2013

around here today - sewing again!






I picked up my sewing machines from the repair place in Bunbury on Wednesday, only to drive home and receive a phone call from the Janome shop telling me that I had forgotten the foot pedals for both my sewing machine AND my over-locker. Bah! I was itching to sew but I just couldn't without my pedals!! I was so desperate I pulled out this old Elna that I picked up from a car-park market for $20. I knew this was a good machine when I bought it, but I thought it might need a little bit of a service before I could use it.... I was wrong! this machine is a dream to work with!!  Isn't it funny how things work out. Not having my pedals turned out to be a massive blessing in disguise now that it has forced me to become acquainted with this lovely old girl. My advice to anyone looking a buying a sewing machine would be that the older manual machines often turn out to be the nicest to sew with.

So I have been back at it today! Finishing dresses that were ordered before I went away on holidays. It's lovely having half finished dresses draped over my sofa and pretty piles of neatly ironed bias binding hanging over chairs. I have lots of new things I want to try, but I am trying to push them out of my head while I focus on getting back up to date with outstanding orders. 

I am planning on bringing someone on board with me to help with sewing so that I can boost the number of ready to ship dresses available to my lovely ladies. This will hopefully mean that I wont have to turn so many orders away!! 

Meanwhile the little pink house is still a mess with piles of fabric and furniture projects EVERYWHERE  and I am slowly getting through three weeks worth of washing and putting away and all that other boring house stuff that I wish would somehow magically look after itself... Ho hum.

Well I had better get back to work! I hope your having a beautiful day, wherever you may be in the world.

Bec x



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day. It is lovely to get time at the sewing machine. Taking someone on seems like a really good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing that your other machine turned out to be a cracker. You sound as if you're buzzing with inspiration and enthusiasm. Good in this part of the world too. A whole day off to sew as no school runs or work today - yay.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend told me about your blog...I think I'll settle in for the night and have a read! I have an old Elna just like this one and it sews like an absolute dream. Better than the new machine I bought for a couple of thousand before I changed jobs (thinking I'd never be able to afford anything decent ever again!)

    ReplyDelete