AboutAboutHow to OrderGalleryPressSponsorContact

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Making space...

CLICK ON ME!!!!

Good afternoon fabulous people! How do you like my animated gif. I thought that my new bookcase deserved the effort.  This is the first gif that I have ever attempted so please excuse the wonkiness of it all. Halfway through  forgot to take pictures, so it fills up very quickly!! 
Click on the picture to view in all of its wonky glory!! 

I bought this a few months ago from ikea in preparation for our move to Pannawonica. We will be downsizing from a 4 x 2 + studio space, into a 3 x 1 with a small combined living area. Fabulous and practical storage will be the key to squeezing my fabric stash and precious treasures 
into a much smaller bedroom space. I planned to leave the bookshelf in it's flat-packed state until we made the move. It looks like we might be waiting a fair bit longer for our house so I didn't 
want to wait any longer. 

The idea was to get as much of my stuff onto the bookshelf as possible. I can highly recommend this unit for housing fabric, as far as storage goes, this is the cats meow. Until I can afford Mark Tuckey pigeon holes, or develop the mad skills to make my own furniture, this ikea version is an affordable and practical solution.  

Now that I have finally set them up we will probably get the call that our new house is ready and we are moving in two weeks....

I am still setting them up. You know when you move one thing, it leads to another, and another. The studio is a mess and I have guests tomorrow morning! I will probably be fixing it up till late into the night, but at least it will look beautiful for my crafty morning with friends.

Have a great Saturday night!! Speak to you tomorrow!

Bec x


11 comments:

  1. Wow, thats a bit tricky. Ikea have so many great storage options. Love the white against the vintage fabrics. Sherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! Your photo came to life! That totally made my day!! So so pretty!
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wonky mini movie, and Expedit is much loved over at Betsy's= we have three of them, the big one for grown up books, the 4x4 in Roboboy's room and the now defunct 3x4 in Liongirl's room. Your sheets look great by the way. melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonky or not, I like your gif!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. If you look closely you might recognise the dress in my picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a good job! I have no idea how to do that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cupboard looks amazing storing all your goodies. and love the Mark Tuckey pigeon holes too. There's a beautiful picture of them in his house on the Peep my Style blog- http://peepmystyles.blogspot.com/2011/11/tuckeyhouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your gif (and I wanted to pause if when it was full so I could look at the sheets!) I bought some more vintage sheets recently and my existing half shelf is almost full! Vintage sheets rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic gif- I love the colour coordination of your fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! It looks fantastic filled up with all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete