ANYWAY, I thought that I would take the time to share a few of my favourite recipes with you. The first being an indulgent sea salt body scrub. The body scrub is not the most relaxing ritual, but it is one of the most beneficial for removing dry dull skin and leaving your body smooth and moisturised.
This is EASY peasy to make and the ingredients wont cost you a fortune. Sea salt is the perfect ingredient for an oily scrub, as it makes your skin super thirsty and it will absorb all of the goodness in the oil.
YOU WILL NEED -
- 500ml of oil - Please use a nice quality Extra Virgin Oil... Olive Oil, Macadamia nut oil, Almond Oil, Castor oil or a yummo combination of your choosing....
- 500 grms of rock sea salt
- Essential oils of your choosing - I used peppermint essential oil, and a few drops of a vanilla perfume oil - It made me smell like an after dinner mint!!
- A pestle and Mortar
- Clean dry glass jars with lids
- Pulverise your rock salt. I mean really Smash it!! You want the salt in a fine powder. I would recommend breaking it down in small quantities. If you don't pound your salt fine enough, you won't enjoy using your scrub. Don't rush this step...
- Spoon your salt mix into your clean glass jars, about 1/3 full...
- Top up your jars with your mix of carrier oils,
- Add about ten drops of your essential oil, and that's it!
HANDY HINTS -
- Use your scrub on dry skin for best results
- Use a spoon to take your mixture from the jar - any moisture in the jar will dissolve your salts making the mix useless...
- If you are making the scrub as a gift, make sure it looks the part! Package it up with a beautiful spoon and a handmade tag, all tied up with jute twine.
Voila! I hope you enjoy.